Thursday, September 23, 2010

Coffee (Caffeine)

Recently, I've been feeling extremely sleepy at some point of the day! I don't know what's the main reason but I think the culprit maybe coffee. As I've received another assignment of work, I needed the extra perks that a coffee can bring to make myself feel, more awake and energetic.

But because my leave is from wed-sun, I stopped drinking coffee for awhile, simply because I don't need it as I'm able to sleep a little more. However, at some point I felt so so sleepy but when I try to sleep, I just can't seem to fall asleep.

I decided to google the disadvantages of drinking coffee. And the results are shocking! actually not really, I'm just creating the hype. HAHA

It states that excessive coffee consumption can cause anxiety, RESTLESSNESS, insomnia etc.
It's kinda weird as I drink coffee once a day. I'm not convinced so I google about the "withdrawal symptons of not drinking coffee"

According to this website, the symptoms I believed that I'm having is known as "Caffeine Symptoms" It states that the withdrawal effect can begin as soon 12 hours after stopping your intake. They are at their worst after 24-48 hours, and can last for up to a week. OMG! This is like if you stop taking Heroin
or Ecstasy
and become like this!
HAHA this is just for laugh! You won't get withdrawal symptoms when eating cereals!

But rather this!
For those who are facing the same problems with me, the site states that cutting back by half a cup of coffee is a recommended pace.
Going for my half a cup of coffee now!

No comments: