Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Messy Kitchen 2

Welcome to MK 2. Today I will be cooking an American Breakfast. Not so much of the authentic one though but my version even though I love bacons! but I forgot to buy. Anyway, the dish will be called my American Breakfast!

The ingredients are

1. 2 Pancakes *ready made*

2. 2 Sausages

3. Brocoli

4. Carrots

5. 2 Eggs

The reason why I chose to make this breakfast is because firstly breakfast is very important as it marks the start of our entire day. It is important to have adequate energy and mind to do whatever needs to be done in the later part of the day such as work, school or other activities as one deem fits.

And calling mcdelivery for breakfast everyday isn't economical as well. SO why not make one 'BIG Breakfast' yourself. Personally I love the pancakes from mc so pancakes are definitely in the list of my breakfast.

Now, lets move on to purchasing the ingredients. Firstly, we have pancakes. Well, if you have the time and tools why not make a pancake by yourself. I wanted to try that but I don't really have the time. So I bought the ready made pancakes. It's around 12 pc for $8.90 so it's quite affordable.

For sausages, I always buy chicken frank coz I ate this hotdogs since young, so I'm kind of attached to this brand.

For brocoli, carrots and eggs, it's easily available at the vegetable section of Fairprice, the usual supermarket I patronized.

Now for the cooking part. I placed the 2 pancakes in my toaster for around 4 minutes and it will be soft to eat, of course mc is better but hey! this is cheaper! :)

Next, will be to cook the sausages on the pan, stir fry with olive oil. To let the sausage cooked faster, cut some parts of the sausage but not totally detached it. This will allow the inner sausage to be cook faster as well.

For brocoli and carrots, stir fry on the pan with olive oil, add 2 pinch of salt for flavor and 200ml of water to refrain the veggies from getting burnt.

And finally the scramble eggs. To make scramble eggs like those of mc, the secret is very simple and I'm gonna reveal it here! First the oil must cover the entire pan so that the bottom of the eggs will not get burnt easily. After you add the eggs, just add 100 - 200 ml of water to the pan.
Do not stir. Just let the eggs absorb the moisture and once the water are absorbed into the eggs, there you go mc lookalike scramble eggs.

To add on to the resemblance, sprinkle black pepper and salt on to the eggs and WALA! Scramble Eggs!

Finally my American Breakfast! Together with sidespread of Kaya & Peanut Butter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: